.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Yahoo! Search blog: Livesearch on AlltheWeb:
"Today we are introducing a new search technology called Livesearch on AlltheWeb. It helps you find what you want faster, by showing search results instantaneously as you type. Livesearch also shows related queries, spelling suggestions, and enables you to use keyboard shortcuts to help you find the right query faster to get to the results that you want. As some of you might be thinking, this is an evolution of Instant Search and other search technologies we’ve been working on.

Personally, I hope this will level the playing field between my wife and I. You see, even though I work for Yahoo! Search, she has a PhD in communications research, and is clearly the better searcher. When we look for the same topic, she always finds the right answer before I do.

But now, the tables will be turned! Livesearch has that uncanny knack of figuring out exactly what is on my mind. As soon as I start to type a query, Livesearch suggests the right query and shows me the results page before I even press a search button. For example, I wanted to look for “mission impossible 3”. Just as I finished typing “mission”, Livesearch is already recommending “mission impossible 3” as the search, and then instantaneously shows me the results page. I am looking forward to surprising my wife with my new found speed next..."

Comments: Post a Comment


Google

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?