.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 23, 2005

A New Approach to Sharing Web Research:
"By Mary Ellen Bates, Guest Writer - September 21, 2005
There are many approaches to sharing information you've found on the web, but a new free tool called eSnips is one of the most useful and intriguing yet seen.

Net Snippets, the company that developed a product for post-search information management, has rolled out a new tool for collecting and sharing information. eSnips is a way cool tool - a little hard to describe but amazing in its capabilities.

A caveat: eSnips is just barely in beta, and every now and then it hiccups, so be patient. I have already seen several improvements in the service since I have begun using it, and I have high hopes that it will continue to improve.

So, what is eSnips? At its most basic, it provides a free web-based file storage and sharing tool. You can upload up to one gigabyte of material�plain text, music, photos, screen shots, whatever. Since I travel a fair amount, I was first attracted to eSnips as a simple way to make a back-up copy of my essential files and presentations accessible from any PC.

But what makes eSnips interesting is that, with its toolbar, you can 'snip' any content you see on the web and have that material stored in your eSnips account as well. If I am doing research for a client, I can highlight the portion of a web page that I think would be useful, click the 'Snip' button on the toolbar, and that content, along with the URL, is stored in my eSnips account..."

Comments: Post a Comment


Google

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?