.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

Ask Jeeves to Cannibalize Teoma - Search Engine News Journal:
"I have had the privilege to be in communication with Jim Lanzone at Ask Jeeves on a fairly regular basis. In some of our email exchanges, he discussed how Teoma is Ask Jeeves. I couldn't find the right word for it, so I used "cannibalize". Cannibalize is a harsh word, but the point is, Ask Jeeves is what people know. You and I might know Teoma, and respect it highly but its time for Ask and Teoma to "establish themselves as a single entity." Apostolos one of the founders of Teoma is the "#1 guy driving the engine", Jim told me. Jim continues by saying, without Ask Jeeves, Teoma would not be where it is today, so in a sense "Teoma is really just a theory" - Ask Jeeves is the engine..."

Comments: Post a Comment


Google

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?