.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The Paid Inclusion Dinosaur:
"By Danny Sullivan, Editor - June 2, 2004
In my first part of this series on paid inclusion, I wrote about how Yahoo sees paid inclusion as a solution to some of the problems crawlers have in gathering content from across the web. I'll examine that argument more closely later in the series. In this part, I'll look at the other major reason Yahoo likes paid inclusion: money.

Much of the screen real estate on search engines is unsold -- a surprising amount, some will find. To illustrate this, look at the chart below, which shows the number of paid versus free links for a search on 'shoes' at several major search engines according to a check I did last week:..."

Comments: Post a Comment


Google

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?